Emergency Water Heater Repair Services
At North Peachtree Plumbing Co., we provide emergency water heater repair for your convenience, especially when water tank issues can impact your life. Although the life of a standard tank water heater is roughly 10 to 13 years, the worst can happen when you least expect it. We are here to help you in the event of an emergency water heater breakdown, no matter what time of day it is.
Our team comprises highly trained and experienced plumbing professionals who can quickly identify the issue and recommend a solution. With years of experience in emergency water heater repair, we have become experts at repairing and replacing various types of water heaters. We can efficiently address issues such as insufficient hot water, frequent cycling of the heater, and a leaking tank.
We understand that plumbing problems can be a huge setback. That is why we strive to provide the best emergency service available in North Peachtree. For urgent repair services, contact us today!
24/7 Repair At Your Service
At one point or another, an emergency plumbing situation will eventually happen. Plumbing emergencies usually happen without warning and often when your local plumbing businesses are already closed, for instance, on nights and weekends. Not only are plumbing emergencies an inconvenience, but they also can have consequences on the home if they’re not taken care of right away. While some water heater repair issues sometimes are easy to fix, many issues may be too significant or should be avoided by a homeowner. Contact us anytime; we offer 24-hour emergency water heater repair!
When You Need A Repair RIGHT NOW!
With emergency services, we understand that prompt service is essential in urgent matters like a water tank leak. Whether your home has an electric or gas water heater, our emergency water heater repair could save you money in the long run.
Water leaks from hot water tanks can create far worse issues that could cause you to put out money left and right if they are left unfixed. Let us save you time, money, and stress with our expert knowledge and training. Contact us for emergency water heater repair, and you can be confident that we will repair the issue quickly and safely.
The Effects Of A Water Heater Leak
Your water heater supplies hot water for cooking, cleaning, bathing, and much more and is a vital part of every home. If you find that your water heater is leaking, call a plumber immediately. Not only could a leak cause you to lose all of the hot water in your home, but it could also create many issues that may have lasting effects.
Some of the issues that may arise from ignoring your water leak are:
- Property Damage: Water damage to the floors and walls can weaken your home’s foundation. It could also lead to mold and mildew, creating a more significant issue, such as decreased property value.
- Contaminated Water: Your water heater leak may have started with a rusty pipe needing to be replaced. If this is the case, the water running into your home may be full of chemicals, rust, or bacteria harmful to your health.
- Energy Cost: If you ignore a water heater leak, it is not working as efficiently as it should and will use more energy than necessary. This lack of attention increases your utility bills each month.
- Scalding Risk: Water heaters are great at heating water. If you have a leaking water heater, it will do its job too well. This could result in the water being water scalding hot. Be careful when dealing with leaks in your water heater to avoid getting burned.
- Gas Leak or Fire Hazard: If your water heater is leaking, something isn’t working correctly, and it could be a fire hazard or even a gas leak. If you suspect a possible water heater leak, make an emergency call to your trusted advisors at North Peachtree Plumbing.
What To Do In A Water Heater Emergency
In an emergency, it is easy to go into panic mode. If your water heater is leaking gallons of water, try not to panic and follow a few simple steps to stop further damage.
- Turn off the water heater: If you have a gas water heater, turn off the switch located on the heater. If you have an electric water heater, you must go to the circuit breaker panel to turn off the appropriate breaker for the heater.
- Turn off the water supply: Turn off the water supply to your water heater by finding the shut-off valve. This is where the water line runs into your heater. Turning the valve until it is fully closed off would be best. You may need to turn the main water supply off to the entire house to get the water to stop leaking.
- Clean up the water: No matter the amount of water that has leaked out of your water heater, you will need to clean up the standing wate.r. Depending on the amount it may need done by towels, a wet/dry vacuum, or another appropriate items.
- Call Us: Call North Peachtree Plumbing Co. Inc at (678) 234-8385 and request our emergency water heater repair.
Is the Water Coming From the Top?
A leak from the top of your water heater is good news compared to other issues. Broken water heaters with water coming from the top are usually easier to fix compared to a bottom leak. It is most likely to be a faulty valve or water line issue. It could also mean:
- There is an issue with the pipes above the water heater. Check all plumbing above the heater to make sure it is dry.
- The T&P valve may be leaking, requiring a simple tightening if the seal is loose or a simple valve replacement.
- The cold water inlet valve may be leaking, requiring a tightening or replacement.
Is the Water Coming From the Bottom?
- The drain valve is leaking and needs to be tightened or replaced. The valve should be turned as far clockwise as it can go.
- Your anode rod needs to be replaced. The anode rod is put in place to protect your tank by absorbing the corrosion that may occur over time. You may need a new sacrificial anode or junction bar and nipple assembly if you have a gas water heater.
- Condensation buildup.
- The water heater’s tank may deteriorate due to sediment buildup and premature corrosion. This deterioration usually occurs when larger tanks are in the heater.
- You should also check to see if the water is coming from the top of the tank. It could be running down through the heater and releasing the bottom.
Is Gas Leaking From Your Hot Water Tank?
Although a leaking water heater is the most common emergency water heater repair, issues can arise from problems other than the waterline. If you have a gas water heater (tank or tankless), a gas leak could be an even more significant emergency for you to handle.
If your problem stems from the gas line, gas may leak into your house. This could result in an unsafe situation for you, your family, and your neighbors. You should always contact a professional plumber for any gas line repair. This is NOT a DIY repair.
Any single spark may cause damage to the entire home and anyone inside. If you smell gas or believe that the gas line in your water heater is damaged, you should leave the house immediately and call our emergency water heater repair line.
North Peachtree Plumbing Co. At Your Service
At North Peachtree Plumbing Co., we have provided plumbing repair services in North Atlanta for over 25 years. We have almost 50 years of experience in Repair, Training, Manufacturing, and Customer Relations.
Our team understands your plumbing problem may or may not be an ordinary situation. Every plumbing system is different. Not only that, but we believe that we have the experience and expert training to resolve your problems. Whether the repair is big, small, or unusual. North Peachtree Plumbing strives to assist our customers with their plumbing repair while making every effort to leave them with a feeling of true satisfaction.
Contact Us For Emergency Heater Repair Service
If you find yourself in an emergency heater repair situation, North Peachtree Plumbing Co. Inc. is at your service. We cover the areas of Cumming, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, and Roswell. To contact us for emergency and non-emergency plumbing services, please call us at (678) 234-8385. You can also contact us via email at Tom@north-peachtree-plumbing.com or by using our contact form. Connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Linkedin to keep up with company news or to say hello!
From Our Happy Customers
Great work at a fair price. Tom replaced all our toilets with low flow ones and we could not be any happier. He cleaned up the areas and left no mess like other plumbers we have used.
— Cliff Roswell, Ga
Called with a leaking water heater. These guys came out the same day got it replaced and hauled off the old heater. I called around and this company was the best priced and have great reviews. Will use it again.
— David Johns Creek, Ga
We love Tom! He's the best! He is always available, on time, and has been able to do things other plumbers told me were not possible. I have referred him to friends and family and they love him, too. I wouldn't use anyone else for our plumbing needs.
— Steve Atlanta, Ga
He’s the best around! Not sure what I would have done without him!!!!
— Jason Brookhaven Ga
Fast and prompt service and reasonably priced. Would definitely call for anything else we need.
— Daren Atlanta, Ga
Very happy with the service. We have used North Peachtree for years. They replaced my kitchen faucet and then replaced my water heater with a tankless heater when my old heater started leaking.
— Derek Johns Creek, Ga
Why Choose Us?
Professional Residential Plumbing Repair Services